Charlotte Davies has had a varied career spanning Public Relations, Events, Business Development and teaching. She started her copywriting business in May 2021.
Here are some interesting things about Charlotte:
* A random conversation on the Brussels to London Eurostar sparked a chain of events that led to her promoting some of the UK and US' biggest pop stars from 2006 to 2010
* She helped to get national newspaper and TV coverage for a range of dresses made of (Pilgrims Choice) cheese. The campaign won silver at the CIPR West Of England PRide awards
* She’s taught ESL English in Italy, Spain, the UK and online
* She once spent the night riding an exercise bike in a haunted theatre to raise money for charity
* She’s been to hundreds of networking events AND she’s organised a ton of them too
* She was flown by air ambulance from Thailand back to England when she was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Chiang Mai in 2014. (She had 5 months of chemo. It was hard but she’s fine now. Hooray!)
* She’s a member of Copy School, 10x FC and The Copywriter Club Accelerator
Networking has helped her throughout her career to get job offers, win business and secure funding, as well as make friends.
When she took voluntary redundancy earlier this year, she knew networking would play a fundamental part in building her new business and creating exciting opportunities.
She was right.
It’s been her main source of lead generation and… it’s led to her speaking at this conference.